This section describes the environment in which unXmit was developed. You can review this section to see the similarities between my development environment and your workstation.
1. Java 1.6+
2. I developed unXmit on a 64-bit Windows Vista desktop. My wife’s laptop is a 32-bit Windows Vista system; it tested well on her laptop. The machine I used (until recently) at my real job was a 32-bit Windows XP system, I was given a new 64-bit Windows 7 computer in the past two months. UnXmit has run extensively on both of those environments.
3. Someone encouraged me to develop unXmit under Eclipse RCP to provide cross-platform support. I specifically developed the Linux distributions under Window Vista and imported a TAR file containing unXmit to my Linux test system. I wanted to make sure Eclipse’s cross-platform packaging was durable; and it was for Linux.
4. I test Linux as VMWARE Player virtual machines. I have tested under UBUNTU and OpenSuse successfully. Under the OpenSuse environment, I toggled between Open JVM and Oracle’s JVM; mostly to be sure it ran correctly under Open JVM.
5. I have not tested Mac OSX, although I might get a version of Mac OSX to run under a VMWare Player.
6. The panel below contains the platforms available under Eclipse’s cross-platform export. If anyone is interested in support for an unchecked operating system, please contact me.
According to JAVA documentation, some of